Thursday, July 2, 2009

Wedding Shower

I am hosting a wedding shower for my future sister-in-law on Saturday, which is July 4th. I did not want to over due the Independence Day theme but there are colors of red, white and blue in my decorations. I created a book for the bride and each guest can write some words of advice for her. Since this is my husband's family she is marrying into, I could fill that book up myself...just kidding! I used Stampin Up To Have And To Hold to decorate the front and each page.


As part of her gift, I made her a set of thank you cards to match the decorations I have made. This is such a simple card. Again, I used Stampin Up To Have And To Hold for the hearts and Stampin Up Wonderful Words for the thank you. I used my cuttlebug to make the embossed box.

Finally, I made table decorations and used red containers from Hobby Lobby and foam in the bottom to hold the skewers. I stamped the punched circles using JustRite stamps. I used the wedding set, the tiny letters and a monogram set. I just love these JustRite products. I also used the Stampin Up set To Have And To Hold to stamp a few images on each circle. I then glued each circle to a York Peppermint Pattie and stuck a skewer through it. I had family visiting when I made these so my sister was actually the one who arranged the skewers in the florist foam.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Need a card?

If you like any of the cards you see, let me know and I would be happy to make them for you. To see some, but not all, of the stamps I have available for your cards, click on 'Stamp Image Options' along the right side. If I don't have what you are looking for, just let me know, I love a reason to buy a new stamp!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails