Friday, June 19, 2009

40th Wedding Anniversary Invitation


WARNING - BAD PHOTO ALERT! I am very sorry for not only my bad photo of this card, but the poor stamping. I had just finished making 50 of these and was running to the post office with them before it was time for the kiddo's naps. I quickly grabbed a card and snapped a few photos. I did not look at the photos until now. Well, for some reason they were all blurry and the card I grabbed was not stamped very clear.

So, now that I am finished making excuses, I will get to the card. I used Night of Navy for the ink and a non-Stampin Up paper and ribbon that matched. The stamps are from Justrite and I used a monogram set and the wedding set. The sentiment says..."A celebration of love and friendship". I thought that fit very well for a 40th wedding anniversary. The embossing was done with my Cuttlebug and the Birds and Swirls folder.


Frugal Stamper Tip:
Do you want to know a secret? I am a VERY frugal person and this is no exception in my paper crafting. I am thinking about devoting this blog to ways to save money. So, I am going to start letting you in on my ways to be a frugal stamper. Look at the navy scalloped circle the monogram is layered on, it is the same color as the mat, right? Well, I punched the scallop out of the actual mat piece before I assembled the card. I figure this saved about 4 pieces of card stock which saved me about $2. Before you do this, make sure you are not going to be able to see through and notice the punch out. I recommend the husband test. Give it to him and have him look it over and see if he notices anything. If he doesn't, you are probably ok. Another tip for doing this 'secret punch out' is to try to punch it out in the same area it will be re-covered later. I punched all mine out of the bottom right corner of the navy mat so that it would be covered again when I placed the monogram.

I hope you enjoy this little tip and it can help you to be a Frugal Stamper.

1 comment:

Need a card?

If you like any of the cards you see, let me know and I would be happy to make them for you. To see some, but not all, of the stamps I have available for your cards, click on 'Stamp Image Options' along the right side. If I don't have what you are looking for, just let me know, I love a reason to buy a new stamp!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails