Monday, March 8, 2010

With Sympathy and Frugal Stamping Tips

You can never have too many sympathy cards on hand. One of my new sets is called Teeny Tiny Wishes and it works great with the new punch I got, both are from Stampin' Up!.



The card below has the same sentiment but without the punch. I needed to use my stamp-a-ma-jig with this one to make sure when I stamped the sentiment, it wasn't crooked. I also got to use a new toy...I mean tool...that was in my new batch of goodies from last week, a paper piercer. You can see the holes if you look to the bottom right of the sentiment. Nothing fancy, just a pointed tipped poker with a handle so you can poke holes in paper. I also bought a guide so that my holes would be straight. I found that some of my cards just needed a tiny bit of something and the little paper piercer does the trick. It is also handy to use when you need a hole to put in a small brad. You can even take a fine tip pen and draw lines between the holes to look like stitching. All things I will try when I have time.



Frugal Stamping Tip: It is much easier to stamp a sentiment on paper and then punch it out. That way you don't have to worry about stamping straight and you can use lots of small scraps. Just turn the punch over and punch upside down, this way you can see through the opening in the punch and see exactly what you are punching out.

Bonus Frugal Stamping Tip:
If you don't have a paper piercer, a thumb tack works just as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Need a card?

If you like any of the cards you see, let me know and I would be happy to make them for you. To see some, but not all, of the stamps I have available for your cards, click on 'Stamp Image Options' along the right side. If I don't have what you are looking for, just let me know, I love a reason to buy a new stamp!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails