Monday, January 18, 2010

Christmas Card Challenge 2010

I will be ready this year for Christmas! I get busy making other people's cards at Christmas that mine end up being rushed and not like I want them. So, I found a group last year that I knew I was going to join this year in January. It is on Splitcoaststampers.com and they challenge you to make 10 Christmas cards every month starting in January and ending in November. What a great idea!!


So, this is my January entry. I used Stampin' Up! A Wish for Peace and Night of Navy paper and ink. I inked my dove first with Versamark (sticky ink)and then with the night of navy. This gave it a navy color but the Versamark gave it some 'stick'. Before the Versamark dried, I sprinkled it with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder and used a heat gun to set it. This made my dove very sparkly but it does not show in the photo too well.


It is so much easier to sit and make 10 cards then to sit down and know you have to make 100! This will allow me to use a few techniques that are more time consuming that I would if I were making them all at once. I can see this presenting one problem though, with 11 different designs that I know I will love, I am going to stress about who gets what card. Oh well, guess I will worry about that in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Need a card?

If you like any of the cards you see, let me know and I would be happy to make them for you. To see some, but not all, of the stamps I have available for your cards, click on 'Stamp Image Options' along the right side. If I don't have what you are looking for, just let me know, I love a reason to buy a new stamp!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails