Thursday, July 16, 2009

Simple Graduation Card


I like to make graduation cards in the school colors but I did not know the colors. I was given a scrapbook-a-day desk calendar years ago and thought there may be something in there I could use. Yep, I found a few pages in that set and I thought they were a nice mix of colors. I just cut out the 3 graduation caps, mounted them on a heavy cardstock, added the gold brads and popped it all up with 3D foam tape. I used my Congrats set from Stampin Up for the sentiment, super simple.

Frugal Stamper Tip I thought I was going to have to go to the store to get a gradation stamp but I remembered about the paper from the calendar. Don't forget about all your scrap paper, wrapping paper or even old cards that you have saved. If you are a scrapbooker, you may be out of the habit of using non acid free paper but remember, for cards, it does not have to be acid free. Magazines, newspapers, aluminum foil and even old books could be used to make a very interesting (and inexpensive) card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Need a card?

If you like any of the cards you see, let me know and I would be happy to make them for you. To see some, but not all, of the stamps I have available for your cards, click on 'Stamp Image Options' along the right side. If I don't have what you are looking for, just let me know, I love a reason to buy a new stamp!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails