Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Johnny!


My daughter (who is 3) insisted that we make our neighbor, Johnny, a birthday card. He turned 7 last week and his mom mentioned he was having some friends over for a camp out in the back yard. My daughter heard "birthday" and was convinced we were going to a party. I had to explain that we were not going to a party but we could make him a card if she wanted. She was ok with that idea and everyone seemed happy.


I used my JustRite tiny letters, my go to item for any birthday card these days, and a baseball stamp my mom got me from a yard sale. The baseball print paper was scrap and I embossed the red with my cuttlebug. I thought it needed a little more so I added the star brad at the bottom.

Frugal Stamper Tip: The small black strip of paper separating the red and the baseball print...you guessed it, a tiny scrap I found in the scrap drawer. I was tempted to throw it out the day before but I am glad I didn't. Anywhere you may think you need a piece of ribbon, a narrow strip of scrap paper can accomplish the same effect in many instances. Give it a try and see what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Need a card?

If you like any of the cards you see, let me know and I would be happy to make them for you. To see some, but not all, of the stamps I have available for your cards, click on 'Stamp Image Options' along the right side. If I don't have what you are looking for, just let me know, I love a reason to buy a new stamp!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails