Sunday, October 5, 2008

World Card Making Day

I think everyday should be World Card Making Day, but alas, it is only one day a year. Split Coast Stampers had a great day filled with challenges and I decided to participate in every one of them. I have never participated in any challenges before so I thought what a better day to start then on World Card Making Day. Here are the cards I made with a brief explanation of the challenge we were presented. There will be a lot of prizes given away for these entries so wish me luck, I want to win!

For this first challenge, we were given the layout to use. Other than that, we could do whatever we wanted. I had to make several baby shower invitations so I used this layout to make them.


For this challenge, we were given the colors to use and I thought it "screamed" Halloween.


For this one, they named a "Featured Stamper" and we were to look through her gallery and copy one of her cards but change 2 or more aspects of it such as color or images used. Link here for the card I copied.


This was an inspiration challenge and they showed a copy of the new Cold Water Creek catalog. We did whatever that image inspired us to create.


This one was pretty easy, we just had to use a tree. The funny thing is when I started creating the sky background, my intention was to make it a Christmas card but when I finished the colors, it seemed much more "beachy" so I used a palm tree instead. I really like the way it turned out and it was my first attempt at creating my own background.


This was a technique challenge and it was to use the Nested Flowers technique. I think it is neat but it is very bulky and will probably take extra postage when I mail it out to someone.


The last challenge was also pretty simple. It was called "No P's". So we could not used pattern paper or pastels. I had to make a wedding card so I took this opportunity to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Need a card?

If you like any of the cards you see, let me know and I would be happy to make them for you. To see some, but not all, of the stamps I have available for your cards, click on 'Stamp Image Options' along the right side. If I don't have what you are looking for, just let me know, I love a reason to buy a new stamp!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails